Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
I love this weeks topic and there are so many wonderful authors I’d love to see collaborate on a book together. I had a lot of ideas about this one but these 8 pairings were the first ones to come to my mind.
1. Pierce Brown & V. E. Schwab: Not only do these two have a flair for creating an insanely intense atmosphere, they also have morally ambiguous and complex characters and can create a very compelling fantasy world. This is probably my fantasy dream pairing, although I would worry about my emotional stability if they ever were to collaborate.
2. Veronica Rossi & Marie Lu: Confession, I have yet to read a Marie Lu book. However, based on all the wonderful comments I read about her books I don’t think I’ll be able to put off reading her series anymore. Veronica Rossi’s Under the Never Sky series is one of my favourite dystopian worlds and I think these two would be a dystopian powerhouse.
3. Huntley Fitzpatrick & Morgan Matson: My go to summer contemporary authors. Imagine the summer sunshine, the swoon-worthy romance, and a whole lot of heart. This collaboration would most definitely be a recipe for success.
4. Heather Demetrios & Jandy Nelson: I’ll Meet You There and I’ll Give You the Sun are two of my favourite contemporary reads of the year. This collaboration would tug at your heartstrings and take you on one hell of an emotional roller-coaster.
5. Susan Ee & Leigh Bardugo: I’m currently reading Six of Crows and it’s intense, dark, and full of twist and turns. This combination is very reminiscent of the atmosphere I got from reading the Angelfall series. These two aren’t afraid to go to dark places. Together they would be an unstoppable force in fantasy.
6. Rainbow Rowell & John Green: Okay so this pairing would be a contemporary heaven. I mean you’d have everything you could possibly want in a contemporary with these two. They both do such a wonderful job at balancing the deep issues with lighthearted comedy. Plus the friendship between them is adorable. This is a match made in book heaven.
7. Erin Morgenstern & Maggie Stiefvater: I wasn’t expecting to pair these two together but once I thought about it a bit I would be foolish to not put these two together. Their creation would be absolutely magical and dream-like and make you feel like you’ve entered a fairy-tale.
8. Ransom Riggs & Tahereh Mafi: Okay so I’ve not read any of their books yet. I know, I should be ashamed of myself. However, these two are literally the power couple in YA literature and a collaborative book would only further heighten their power couple status. It’s a must.
There you have it. Those are my 8 dream collaborations. Who would you like to see collaborate on a book together?