Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
This week is all about series, specifically the series we keep meaning to start and in my case have yet to finish. I must admit I have a bad tendency to start a series and not finish it. I always mean to finish them but it usually takes a good year or two to do so. I’m also guilt at not starting a series I’ve been meaning to read. I’m splitting this topic into two halves so here are the book series that are sitting on my tbr list or are in need of completion.
SERIES I NEED TO READ
1. The Rephaim Series by Paula Weston: I start every year by saying I’m going to read this series. 6 months later and I’ve still not started it. I love angel mythology and this book sounds right up my alley. There’s no legitimate reason as to why I’ve not read this series all ready.
2. The Gold Seer Trilogy by Rae Carson: Western settings are a hit or miss for me. I have to be in a very particular mood to read them. I’ve heard a lot of great things about the book and even own the first one but I’ve just not been in the mood to read it yet.
3. The Witchlands by Susan Dennard: I’m torn with this series. The premise of it sounds amazing but I’m also told it’s a 5 book series. When it comes to book series I can be pretty impatient and sometimes I find it easier to wait until the entire series is released and binge reading it.
4. Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy: No reason as to why I’ve not read this yet. I’ve been on a contemporary kick lately so I’m hoping I can tick this off the list in the next month or so.
5. Like Us by Ginger Scott: I’ve heard a lot of good things about this duology but I heard that the first book had a cliffhanger and that made me put the brakes on the series and wait for book 2 to be released so I can read it all in one sitting. Something I plan on doing in the very near future…I hope.
SERIES I NEED TO FINISH
1. The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta: Finnikin of the Rock is one of my absolute favourite fantasy books. Having said that I’ve yet to actually finish the series. Why? I don’t know. Maybe it’s because the second book follows a different character. Maybe I’m nervous to see how everything unfolds. Or maybe I’m scared I’ll not love it as much as I do Finnikin. I have the series in its entirety, I just need to finish it.
2. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken: Passenger was a slow book for me to read. I was interested in the concept but the pacing of the book was painful. I want to read Wayfarer to see how everything unfolds but I get the feeling that the pacing of the book will affect the reading experience.
3. Air Awakens by Elise Kova: I enjoyed the first book and have the second one on hand but for some reason I’ve just not been in the mood to continue with it. Thankfully the events of the first book is still fresh in my memory. All I need to do now is pick up the next book.
4. Shattered Sea trilogy by Joe Abercrombie: I LOVED Half a King. Loved it. I keep forgetting that it’s part of a trilogy. I know the second book serves more as a companion book and it usually takes me a while to get the nerve to read the next book in a companion series because I usually get incredibly attached to the characters in the first book.
5. Off Campus Series by Elle Kennedy: I have to be in the right mood for New Adult books. When I first started this series I was in that mood and found myself addicted to the characters and the books. However, I reached that point where I needed some variation in my reading so I turned to fantasy. I keep meaning to finish the series and I plan to do so sooner rather than later.
Those are the series I need to finish / plan on reading.
Do you struggle to finish series? Which ones?