Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
Summer’s here and it feels so good. Our summers are usually short and sweet in the UK so any sign of sunshine and warmth is welcomed. Summertime is usually my contemporary reading time. I like it when a book reflects the weather and I have been seriously slacking on my contemporary reading (and reading in general) this year. So here are the 10 contemporary books I plan on devouring this summer.
1. Long Way Home (Thunder Road #3) by Katie McGarry: I’ve been so excited to read Violet/Chevy’s book. They have so much history and hurt between them and I want to see how it all unfolds. Plus, Razor secured his place as a best of the book boyfriends in Walk the Edge so I’m more than happy to see him again in this book.
2. The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee: One of the books in my birthday book haul. I loved Outrun the Moon and this book sounds so cute and summery.
3. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: I always end up reading a Morgan Matson book in the summer and since this is the only one I’ve not read yet it’s time to finally tick it off of my to be read list.
4. Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett: Possibly one of my most anticipated contemporary books of the year. Everything about this book sounds awesome. From the museum setting, the You’ve Got Mail like scenario and a promise of a swoony romance, what’s not to love about this book?
5. Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman: I’ve seen a lot of buzz for this book and following Nick‘s recommendation and the promise of a swoony love interest I decided that I had to get my hands on this book. I feel like this book might hit home with me with some of the themes and character dynamics it explores and is a perfect coming of age story.
6. Changes in Latitude by Jen Malone: I love a road trip. On road, or in this case by the sea, I don’t care. This book had me hooked the moment I saw the mention of a road trip. Family seems to be a big focus of this book and I love a good family dynamic.
7. Rookie Move / Him by Sarina Bowen: I’ve been saying this for month but I am determined to read both of these books over the summer. I adored the True North series and I am 100% convinced I’ll love these romances as well. Plus, it focuses on ice hockey aka my favourite sport (even if my team sucks at the moment).
8. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick: Every year I find time to re-read this summertime favourite of mine. I can’t help it. This book is everything I want in a summer contemporary romance.
9. The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta: Another book I own and have yet to read. Melina Marchetta can do no wrong and if I can check in with the characters of Saving Francesca in this book then I am guaranteed to love it.
10. The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord: A recent addition to the tbr list but one I’m told that packs the punches. Most days I like my summer contemporary romances to be cute and fluffy but it’s the ones that emotionally hit me that stay with me longest.
Those are the books I plan on devouring this summer.
What’s on your summer to read list?