Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
So many books, so little time. 2016 treated us to plenty of exciting new books but finding the time to actually read them all was a struggle. I was hoping to tackle every single book on this list but I failed. However, I do plan on reading these books and I hope to do so this year.
1. Morning Star by Pierce Brown: One of my most anticipated books of 2016 and I failed to read it. Shame on me. The book was incredibly daunting simply because I couldn’t predict a damn thing about it. I will complete this series asap.
2. The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski: One of my goal for 2016 was to read the Winner’s Trilogy. As you can see I failed at this goal. However, I now own a copy of the first book in this series and so I will definitely get to reading it this year
3. Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee: Another most anticipated book that I didn’t read. No reason why other than the fact that I simply couldn’t fins the time to fit it in.
4. Summer Days and Summer Night edited by Stephanie Perkins: I love a good summer romance and I enjoyed the winter anthology so I thought this would make a great read for me in the summer. Alas, when that time came I was so consumed by these sports contemporary romances that I simply forgot all about this book.
5. Nora and Kettle by Lauren Nicolle Taylor: I’ve read nothing but great reviews for this book and I do own a copy, so there’s no justification in not reading it this year.
6. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer: A chance to check in with my favourite crew and I didn’t take it. The shame is real. However, I am rectifying the situation and I’m hoping this collection of short stories will get me out of this slump.
7. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon: I loved Everything, Everything and I was hoping to read this book last month but I was hit by a horrible slump so all reading was put on hold. Sad times.
8. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: I blame New Zealand for this one. See, this book came out just as I returned from the trip and I’d put myself on a book buying ban so I could save some money after all the spending I did out there.
9. The Goal by Elle Kennedy: I was so ready to read this book but when it came to it my mood pulled a 360 and instead I found myself picking up a fantasy book. I’ll get to it this year.
10. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard: I was excited to read this book and then the hype got to me. The hype is so immense for this book that it threw me off. So hopefully now that the hypes not as prevalent I can enjoy the book without the high expectations.