Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
So, this weeks goal is to pick a topic you’ve missed or want to revisit that has previously been highlighted as the Top Ten Tuesday topic. Seeing as I’ve only been taking part in this meme for about 8 months, I had plenty of topics to choose from. When it came down it, I thought it would be nice to do a topic on friendship, specifically the characters I would like to be BFF’s with.
1. Inej Ghafa: Six of Crows: Her sense of hope is inspiring. I feel like she’s the person I’d go to for assurance if I ever needed a pick me up. On top of that her stealth and combat skills would come in handy in Ketterdam and she could definitely teach me a few moves and then we’d go for waffles.
2. Lilac Laroux: Starbound Trilogy: She’s resourceful and intelligent and will always have your back. If you ever find yourself in a technical predicament, Lilac’s engineering/hacking skills would come in handy. 😀
3. Elend Veture: Mistborn Trilogy: A fellow bookworm. I can just picture us lounging around the fire in his office talking all things books. Elend is also very logical so if I needed to get an objective opinion from someone I’d turn to him.
4. Blue Sargent: The Raven Cycle: Who wouldn’t want to be friends with her? She’s feisty and quirky and goes above and beyond for the people she cares about. Being her friend would be an adventure, especially if my Raven Boys happen to join us
5. Skylar Evans: I’ll Meet You There: I loved the friendship between Skylar, Chris and Dylan. All three of them were getting ready to follow their own paths and yet the bond between them was still very strong and they were all so supportive of one another and encouraging. Skylar is one of my favourite female characters. She’s been through some tough times but her determination and compassion sees her through them. I’d love to be in her company.
6. Hannah Wells: The Deal (Off-Campus #1): She’s hilarious. She’s the kind of friend that you can have a great time with but also confide in. I’d trust her with anything. I also love her outlook on life. She’s experienced a trauma and instead of letting it define her she accepts it what it is and moves on, focusing on being happy.
7. Captain Carswell Thorne: The Lunar Chronicles: My partner in crime. We all need that goofball friend and Throne is the right person to turn to if you need cheering up. His banter and comedic timing is always on point and we’d have a laugh together.
8. Zuzana: Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy: Talk about loyalty. Zuzana literally follows Karou into the unknown to make sure that she is safe and well. I don’t know many people that would stroll into a room of monsters and take it in their stride.
9. Emily: Since You’ve Been Gone: I think Emily and I are very similar in personality. I was like her when I was younger and I would always be the girl in the background letting everyone else take the lead. She’s a sweetheart and I think we’d do a good job at encouraging one another to take those leaps of faith.
10. August: This Savage Song: I’d rather be his friend than his enemy. August is fiercely loyal to the people he cares about. He will go above and beyond to ensure their safety, even if it means losing that piece of humanity that held him together for so long. I wouldn’t want to face off against August and his protective instinct towards the people he cares about is so sweet.
Those are my bookish BFF’s.
Which character would you like to be best friends with?