Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
This weeks topic was an easy one for me. It’s so hard to keep track of all the amazing new releases and finding the balance between reading the new and old releases is tricky. Therefore, there are a lot of amazing books that I had every intention of reading in 2015 but never got round to it. Hopefully I can rectify the situation this year but as always I make no promises.
1. Air Awakens by Elise Kova: This series seem to be flying under the radar of many. However, from what I’ve heard about the books they seem like my cup of tea. I am happy to report I now own a physical copy of the first two books and am looking to check them off my reading list ASAP.
2. Soundless by Richelle Mead: The premise of this book sounded really interesting and since I had never read a Richelle Mead book I figured this would be a perfect introduction. However, with the mixed reviews I read my enthusiasm slowly waned. I still plan on reading the book but my expectations just aren’t as high.
3. First & Then by Emma Mills: 2015 was a year that had a lot of exciting contemporary releases. Sadly I was in a very fantasy mood for the majority of 2015 so I didn’t read as many contemporaries as I usually do. However, I plan to balance the fantasy/contemporary ratio this year and this book is one I want to check off the list.
4. Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin: I love my historic novels. However, I’ve got to be in a very particular mood to read them. Sadly I never got round to reading this one but with all the wonderful history based novels set to be released this year I’m sure I can squeeze an extra book into the list of must reads.
5. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness: In last weeks resolutions I mentioned that I have yet to read a Patrick Ness book. So my goal for this year is to finally fix this dilemma. I am still kicking myself for not buying the book when I had the chance but I guarantee you I will make it my mission to read at least one of his books this year.
6. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh: So. Much. Hype. This is one book that made me nervous. The hype surrounding it was unreal and the possible love triangle situation threw me off. I do have a copy of this book and with the upcoming release of the second book I think it’s high time I give it a chance to wow me.
7. Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson: Confession. I actually forgot about this book. I was excited for its release but by the time it came out I had my head in so many other books that this one slipped my mind.
8. Play On by Michelle Smith: I’m not a sporty person and I don’t know anything about baseball but I like reading books that feature athletes and this book sounds so cute and I can’t wait to read it.
9. The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore: Everything about this book sounds like a recipe for success. I love magical realism and the hint of a Romeo and Juliet like relationship made me really excited. However, by the time the book came out it kind of fell into the shuffle between all the other books I had prioritized.
10. The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens: Again I just forgot about this book and chances are I wouldn’t have gotten round to reading it anyway. I will make time for it eventually.
There you have it. Those are the books I planned on reading but never actually got round to it. Which books made it to your list?