Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
As we enter the final month of the year it’s time to take a look at all the wonderful up and coming books that will be coming out in the new year. Here are my 10 most anticipated books from debut authors.
1. The Reader by Traci Chee: Pirates, assassins and an illiterate society. This book sounds intense and action packed.
2. The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry: This book sounds very magical and mysterious. I’m all for some romance and top it with this mysterious apparitions I can definitely see this book being a hit.
3. Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor: This is one of many time travel books that will be released in 2016. This book takes place in Scotland and looks at the history of Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine.
4. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton: This book had me as soon as I read the word djinn. I love the mythology that surrounds them and I’m interested to see how it plays into the book.
5. Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto: Western seems to be another setting that’s taken hold in YA fiction. This book definitely sounds action packed, especially as the main motive of the book seems to be vengeance.
6. The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter: I feel like this book might just tug at the heartstrings. With a focus on mental health and a dysfunctional mother-daughter relationship, this book sounds like one emotional roller-coaster.
7. Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers: Assassin families, lies, deceit and what looks to be a forbidden romance. I’m so excited to get my hands on this book.
8. Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman: Blackbeard origin story. I’ll leave it at that.
9. Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Gelnn Marsh: Mysterious. That’s how I’d summaries this book based on the synopsis.
10. Swords and Verse by Kathy MacMillan: An oppressed society where literacy is a capital offence. On top of that our protagonist is torn between her loyalty to her prince or join the resistance which will no doubt tear their relationship apart.
There are so many more wonderful debuts coming out this year. If you want a list of upcoming debuts goodreads has provided a list of all the wonderful books set to claim your hearts.